(1) Little Button is turning one in just over a month and I’m having a serious crisis about how much I love this cat. The other day I collapsed on the floor. “Why did we get this cat KNOWING ONE DAY SHE WOULD DIE?” I read some nietzsche and I’m fine now but, man.
(2) Portland is doing this Spring Fake out thing that it does once a year where it gets really beautiful and sunny and warm for one day and then everything goes to total shit. Don’t move to Portland if you have seasonal depression or probably regular depression either. I’m a big fan of the dark and the rain and even I’m starting to reach my limit.
(3) Every time we see a small child on the street we look at each other with this look that, within it, holds the whole of the universe. For me it’s sort of a sneaker wave like “all of your eggs are going to die and you’re going to be alone forever” whereas for him I think it’s more of a “that kid is cute you should be an uncle so you don’t have to take care of it.” I feel like we’re both at that age where we’re having to deal with feelings about children that neither of us really want to think about.
(4) Next month is our three years of cohabitation and four years of dating. I have a few posts in the works where we talk about the easy things and the hard things.
Have a question you want us to discuss? Let me know!
(5) I subscribed to Teen Vogue and you should too. It’s $5.00 for a full year subscription and the quality of the writing and the content has skyrocketed. If you can’t afford the subscription, add their website to your reading list and check in daily. It is intersectional, it is current, it is fresh, and it is beautiful.